Sales Account Manager
Location: U.S. (remote)
Type: Full Time
Salary: Base + Equity
Reports to: Snr Director Sales, Retail
About The Folklore
The Folklore Group is a conglomerate of B2B, consumer, and media products that enable the global ecosystem to seamlessly discover, connect with, and shop diverse brands in global markets. Our B2B SaaS product, The Folklore Connect, is a wholesale platform that provides software for diverse brands in global markets to manage and scale their wholesale business and retailers with a marketplace to discover and shop these brands.
The Folklore is a Techstars (Seattle 21’) and venture capital-backed company that has been featured by Vogue, Forbes, TechCrunch, Fast Company, and Inc. The company has a history of partnering with top luxury corporations like Farfetch to further promote its efforts to increase the visibility, opportunities, and financial success of diverse suppliers and suppliers in emerging markets.
About The Role
The Folklore is searching for an Account Manager with at least 5 years of experience to help grow The Folklore Connect’s retailer user base. This position will report to the Sr. Director of Sales, Retail. This individual will aid in the execution of the company's retail sales strategy through relationship management and experimental experiences. This role will require you to directly engage with new and existing retailer accounts. This is an opportunity to get in on the ground level and work closely with management to develop a barrier breaking, world-class company that will forever change the landscape of wholesale capabilities in emerging markets.
- Curate brand suggestions for retailers based on their specific criteria and share with buyers.
- Optimize relationships with external business teams (ie. merchants for enterprise retailers).
- Coordinate and conduct virtual and in-person market appointments to engage with enterprise clients.
- Execute upon selling strategies for the year/quarter/month to successfully hit KPIs and consistently monitor progress of your goals.
- Collaborate with cross functional partners in brand sales, engineering and marketing to stay up-to-date on product offerings, align on appropriate messaging, feedback, and work on projects.
- Support the brand partners’ sample management coordination to ensure efficient handling and availability of samples.
- Act as an integral point person in supporting the brand partners with any retail onboarding needs and pre-delivery or market needs.
- Attend industry events with heavy retail executive presence.
Who You Are
- A strong leader that takes action, can work well independently, and can make adjustments when necessary.
- Great communication skills, continuous learning, and bias for action.
- Great team player with passion for encouraging cross-functional collaboration and alignment.
- You are a creative problem-solver. You excel at identifying simple solutions to tough problems.
- You are relentlessly resourceful. When something needs to get done, you always find a way to make it happen. Even when the work is hard, you have the drive to power through it and execute with limited information and ambiguity.
- Willingness to adapt to an expanding and demanding startup environment that requires fast decision making and shifts in priorities.
- High degree of accuracy and organizational skills. Can easily pick up on the use of new software.
- 4-year degree preferred
- At least 5 years of B2B/wholesale fashion or beauty sales experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional multitasking and prioritization skills, thriving in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Exhibit a team-player mentality with unwavering determination to tackle any task at hand
Bonus to Have
- Startup experience at a similar company
- Fashion and/or beauty sales experience
Your Life And Career At The Folklore
- Stock options
- Medical benefits (health, vision, dental)
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Flexible work schedule
- Work remotely
- Be part of a world-class startup team
- Think and act like an owner- operator
- Potential for a rewarding career advancement opportunities