About The Folklore
The Folklore Group is a software company empowering diverse consumer goods businesses in global markets to digitize and scale their operations globally. The company’s B2B SaaS product, The Folklore Connect, is a wholesale platform that provides software for diverse brands in global markets to manage and scale their wholesale business and retailers with a marketplace to discover and shop these brands.
The Folklore is a Techstars (Seattle 21’) and venture capital-backed company that has been featured by Vogue, Forbes, TechCrunch, Fast Company, and Inc. The company has a history of partnering with top corporations like Farfetch to further promote its efforts to increase the visibility, opportunities, and financial success of diverse suppliers and suppliers in emerging markets.
About The Role
The Folklore is searching for an Account Executive to develop relationships with potential brand users. This position will report to the VP of Sales & Customer Success. This individual will aid in the execution of the company's brand sales strategy, through sales prospecting, pipeline development, direct outreach (phone, email, in-person), and experimental sales experiences. This role will require you to directly source and engage with new brand accounts. This is an opportunity to get in on the ground level and work closely with management to develop a barrier breaking, world-class company that will forever change the landscape of wholesale capabilities in emerging markets.
- Help prospect and create new sales leads across multiple brand categories: Apparel, accessories, beauty, homeware.
- Identify needs and challenges of prospective customers and prepare informational materials for meetings and presentations.
- Direct sales outreach through phone, email, social media, and physical engagement.
- Host demo meetings with new brands to walk them through the product and its features with the goal of converting them to users.
- Close new accounts and pass off the appropriate information to the onboarding team to ensure a successful onboarding experience.
- Participate in the occasional physical experimental selling events to aid in brand awareness, signing up brands, and converting sales.
- Execute upon selling strategies for the year/quarter/month to successfully hit KPIs and consistently monitor progress of your goals and share reports.
- Collaborate with cross functional partners in engineering and marketing to stay up-to-date on product offerings, align on appropriate messaging, feedback, and work on projects.
Who You Are
- A strong leader that takes action, can work well independently, and can make adjustments when necessary.
- Great communication skills, continuous learning, and bias for action.
- Great team player with passion for encouraging cross-functional collaboration and alignment.
- You are a creative problem-solver. You excel at identifying simple solutions to tough problems.
- You are relentlessly resourceful. When something needs to get done, you always find a way to make it happen. Even when the work is hard, you have the drive to power through it and execute with limited information and ambiguity.
- Willingness to adapt to an expanding and demanding startup environment that requires fast decision making and shifts in priorities.
- High degree of accuracy and organizational skills. Can easily pick up on the use of new software.
- 4 year degree preferred
- 3-5 years of B2B sales or account executive experience
- Experience working in the fashion, beauty, or retail industries
- Experience cold calling and emailing
- Strong time management skills; motivated and takes initiative, works efficiently.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Bonus to Have
- Experience with Hubspot
- Startup experience at a similar company
- SaaS or marketplace sales experience
Your Life And Career At The Folklore
- Stock options
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Flexible work schedule
- Work remotely
- Be part of a world-class startup team
- Think and act like an owner- operator
- Potential for a rewarding career advancement opportunities