Marketing Manager (5 Months FTC)
Location: South Africa | Nigeria
Type: Full Time (Temporary - 5 months)
Currently reports to: CEO
About The Folklore
The Folklore is a platform providing consumer goods brands with resources to grow their business and collaborate with global partners. Our software and marketplace tools help fashion, beauty, and home brands manage their wholesale business and access capital, while enabling retailers and service providers to better discover more diverse and emerging market brands. The Folklore’s technology, education, and community offering empowers emerging brands to globalize and scale their business.
The Folklore is a Techstars (Techstars Seattle 21’) and venture capital-backed company that has been featured by Vogue, Forbes, Fast Company, Inc., Bloomberg, and Entrepreneur. The company works with enterprise retailers like Nordstrom, Shopbop, Revolve, and Bergdorf Goodman.
About the Role
As the sole full time marketing team member, the Marketing Manager is responsible for ideating, leading, coordinating and executing the company’s overall B2B marketing activities across Product Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Email Marketing, Content Marketing, and Events. This is a dynamic role that requires an intuitive flair for various areas of marketing, a strong understanding of B2B marketing strategies, the ability to learn quickly and execute efficiently, and the ability to manage a team of marketing freelancers to support in strategy execution.
- Manage the company’s marketing calendar ensuring all marketing activities are planned and executed according to the annual timeline.
- Monitor and meet weekly, monthly and quarterly KPIs, revising and adapting the marketing strategy based on ongoing analysis of the initial annual strategy.
- Manage the company’s Social Media & Community Freelancer, reviewing, revising and providing feedback for social media content, graphic design, webinars and other community events.
- Manage the company’s Editorial freelancer, reviewing, revising and providing feedback on the editorial content calendar.
- Manage the company’s Digital/Growth Freelancer to execute paid advertising activities and ensure budgets are managed efficiently, meeting ROAS and acquisition goals.
- Execute the email marketing strategy to keep platform users informed and engaged, contributing to user retention KPIs.
- Manage the community Resource Hub, ensuring education content is planned and uploaded according to the annual calendar.
- Work closely with the Product Manager to gain a thorough understanding of product features to execute product marketing activities.
- Coordinate the company’s quarterly fashion showrooms, working closely with the Events Project Manager and Account Manager to ensure all aspects of the showroom are coordinated.
Who You Are:
- You have B2B Marketing experience with a proven track record of successfully managing various marketing activities
- A strong executer willing to take a hands-on approach
- A quick and intuitive learner with a strong general understanding of all marketing areas
- Extremely well organized and can manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize effectively
- Great communication skills, continuous learning, and bias for action
- Great team player with passion for encouraging cross-functional collaboration and alignment
- You are a creative problem-solver. You excel at identifying simple solutions to tough problems.
- You are relentlessly resourceful. When something needs to get done, you always find a way to make it happen. Even when the work is hard, you have the drive to power through it and execute with limited information and ambiguity.
- Bachelor’s Degree (marketing preferred)
- 7+ years of professional marketing experience
- 2+ years experience managing direct reports, freelancers or agencies
- Experience segmenting and sending email campaigns
- Experience pulling and evaluating analytics (Google Analytics, etc.)
- Strong copywriting skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
Bonus to Have:
- Knowledge of site builder platforms preferred (e.g. Wix, Shopify, Squarespace).