Product Management Leader
About The Folklore
The Folklore Group is a software company empowering diverse consumer goods businesses in global markets to digitize and scale their operations globally. The company’s B2B SaaS product, The Folklore Connect, is a wholesale platform that provides software for diverse brands in global markets to manage and scale their wholesale business and retailers with a marketplace to discover and shop these brands.
The Folklore is a Techstars (Seattle 21’) and venture capital-backed company that has been featured by Vogue, Forbes, TechCrunch, Fast Company, and Inc. The company has a history of partnering with top corporations like Farfetch to further promote its efforts to increase the visibility, opportunities, and financial success of diverse suppliers and suppliers in emerging markets.
What you will do
We are looking to hire our first product management leader to own and define our product roadmap based on the needs of our B2B customers. Since this is the first hire to our product team, you will have a significant impact on the company and our mission and work directly with the CEO to define the short and long term vision for product growth. You will also be able to build the product management function at The Folklore from the ground up, develop your own team, and create your own systems. Our current product is a SaaS enabled two-sided wholesale marketplace for brands and retailers. We have plans to build future SaaS products to help our users run their businesses.
- Use your deep technical understanding modern ecommerce/marketplace platforms, particularly two-sided marketplaces, to help define and prioritize features and product iterations.
- Regularly communicate with customers on their needs and proactively define features that will improve their experience and consistently surpass their expectations.
- Work with internal and external designers to help make your vision visually delightful and intuitive for a very style-conscious customer base.
- Define and manage our sprints by dividing ambitious features into smaller, prioritized components.
- Some components of the platform that you might work on are video commerce, integrating with international payments platforms, international shipping, ecommerce analytics dashboards, intelligent recommendations, and defining the most intuitive product management interface on the planet.
- Source freelance talent to help execute on product goals, including but not limited to product designer, demo video content creators, etc.
- 5-7+ years of full time product management experience at a modern ecommerce/marketplace company
- Experience defining, building, and shipping a complex product for the web and making it extremely intuitive for a non-technical user base.
- Experience communicating across the entire org, including design, engineering, marketing, and the user base to build and iterate on a roadmap.
- Experience defining and working with internal APIs and building internal tools and dashboards
- Experience defining and shipping mobile ecommerce apps in parallel with a web platform
- Experience working with UX and prototyping tools like Figma create functional, interactive specs
- Experience at early-stage startups, working in ambiguity, looking for gaps in the product, and having a very high attention to detail
Nice to have
- B2B SaaS startup experience
- Experience evaluating and working with external APIs and third-party technical partnerships
- Technical experience with coding or ability to weigh the pros and cons of technical architectures
- Experience working with an international user base, including different currencies and languages
To apply email your resume to email@example.com and include the job title in the subject line.