Social Media Specialist (PT Freelance)
Job Type: Part-time / Freelance
Location: Remote (UK, USA, South Africa preferred)
About The Folklore:
The Folklore Connect is a SaaS-enabled B2B wholesale marketplace on a mission to revolutionize wholesale distribution for diverse suppliers in emerging markets like Africa, Asia, South America, and the Caribbean. The company provides fashion, beauty and homeware suppliers with order management, payment, communication, and logistics tools to scale their wholesale business and gives SMB and enterprise retailers a wholesale marketplace to discover and shop these suppliers. The Folklore Connect is unlocking access to a huge untapped market of suppliers to help retailers meet their commitments to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The Folklore is a Techstars (Techstars Seattle 21’) and venture capital-backed company that has been featured by Vogue, Forbes, Fast Company, Inc., Bloomberg, and Entrepreneur. The company works with enterprise retailers like Nordstrom, Shopbop, Revolve, and Bergdorf Goodman and has previously partnered with organizations like Farfetch and Coterie.
About the role:
We are looking for a talented and creative Social Media Specialist to support our Marketing Team. You will be responsible for implementing and optimizing the social media strategy, successfully reaching and engaging with our brand and retailer community across all social platforms. The role will work closely with the marketing team and visual designer to create and curate social content, understanding the nuances of a B2B audience, ensuring content is best in class and designed to drive growth, engagement and leads across our organic social channels.
- Implement and optimize The Folklore's organic social media strategy to drive strong acquisition and engagement across key platforms, in line with the wider marketing strategy and calendar.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Marketing team to balance best practice learnings and creativity to drive traffic and B2B leads from all social media platforms.
- Develop creative methods to find and engage with our target community across all platforms
- Draft impactful copy in line with brand TOV, collaborating with the copy editor.
- Manage the daily publishing schedule for each platform, optimising for peak performance.
- Carry out first-party content creation with brand and retail partners
- Monitor conversations across social media channels and implementing appropriate responses and proactive initiatives.
- Brief all bespoke social content and copy requirements to visual designer and editorial lead ahead of time to ensure a timely turnaround of assets.
- Stay up to date with social media format, platform, creative innovations, as well as competitor and industry activities.
- Creating monthly and ad-hoc social reports, identifying trends, wins and improvement opportunities.
- A minimum of 3 years as a social media manager/specialist with a track record of running social media accounts.
- Comfortable working with small teams in a startup environment
- An in-depth understanding of social media platforms and best practice processes for each
- The ability to deliver cohesive platform-by-platform content to meet our goals and KPIs
- Experience review, analyzing and reporting on social media analytics.
- Creative and engaging social copywriting abilities
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Good analytical and numerical skills
- A can-do personality and self-starter attitude
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com with the subject line "Social Media Specialist"